There is a fun little game of tag going around the blogging community right now, and I’ve been poked by the lovely Merry Farmer (@MerryFarmer20). To play, you simply need to be poked by someone. Then you list 10 random facts about yourself and tag four more people. Here are my random facts. Hope you enjoy!
1. I recently took a workshop by Kristen Lamb on blogging. Several of us are umm…older…so we formed a sub-group called Zoomers which is a Canadian term for retirees.
2. I have lived in Arkansas, on and off, since my father was transferred here more years ago than I will admit to.
3. I am planning a trip to Glacier National Park. I have WIP on hold that concerns glaciers and I want to experience being by or on a glacier.
4. I lived with my son and granddaughter for a year when she was between the ages of 6 to 18 months old. I taught her baby sign language starting when she was eight months old. My son made fun of me for thinking it would work. When she started signing to him at age nine month he was astounded. Then he had to learn to sign. She is four now. I sent a text to my son when I left my house. She waited at the front door until I got there…four hours later
5. Gene Lempp stated on his blog that he collects dragons. I’ve collected a few myself. Mine are mostly oriental.
6. I have lived in Germany, Japan, Okinawa, Texas, Washington state, Washington, D.C., Mississippi, and Arkansas.
7. My father was in the Air Force so I was raised in a city/town environment. When I was sixteen, my parents bought a farm. We had cows, horses, pigs, chickens, dogs, cats, parakeets, pecan and pear orchards, hay fields, and soy beans.
8. I three-dog-sat for daughter and son-in-law when they took a four week trip to Australia and New Zealand several years ago.
9. My sister raised rabbits for her 4-H project. They kept multiplying. We had to kill and dress the rabbits before freezing them. I haven’t been able to eat rabbit since then.
10. I am remodeling my house, slowly. The kitchen is almost complete. One bathroom is almost complete. Two bedrooms are almost complete. Replaced all the windows. Still need new patio doors and front doors. I did say slowly, right? The ceilings need to be painted and floor replaced. The master bedroom and bathroom need the most work so we haven’t done anything there, yet.
I was supposed to tag four more victims but I only had three brave souls who graciously accepted my invitation: @patricia_sands, @cheryelhutton, @kerrymeacham (who actually got tagged twice). Thank you for participating.